Senior Portfolio Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. At Bank of Hawaii, we think of ourselves as forward thinking pace setters. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial products and services to our customers. Now more than ever, we’re focused on the needs of our customers and providing solutions they need.
It’s our sales team who helps us succeed in providing solutions to retail customers, as well as large and small businesses in Hawaii. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
Does this sound like you?
Do you enjoy learning? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a relationship-builder, good listener, and problem-solver? Are you a self-starter, comfortable with the complexities that come with offering banking solutions? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and are solutions-oriented, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. You will work with internal partners and external clients to ensure the right products and services are offered at the right time. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Senior Portfolio Manager
Under the direction of the Manager, this position is involved with the management of private client and institutional investment portfolios and related client service activities. Specifically, this position works with high revenue and high sensitivity portfolios to attract and develop business for the department. Assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by embracing and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
We’ll give you these important responsibilities…
- Works with top tier institutional and individual clients and prospects to attract and retain business. Develops written proposals and presentations. Advises clients regarding investment strategy that is appropriate for stated goals and objectives. Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism while presenting investment management philosophy, process, and recommendations to individuals, committees, and boards. Reviews investment portfolio positioning, strategy, and performance results within the context of client objectives.
- Keeps abreast of major developments in global capital markets as well as geopolitical and macroeconomic conditions. Communicates market conditions and investment strategy to clients verbally and in written materials. Provides training and support to client service officers. Maintains a strong understanding of portfolio construction and manager selection concepts, as well as strategy and performance of managers used within client portfolios. Provides significant contributions to asset allocation and manager research process.
- Reviews documents that govern the management of client investment portfolios. Observes all guidelines, parameters, and restrictions, applies portfolio targets and settings using investment management and trust systems. Monitors assigned portfolios and effect discretionary securities trades as warranted to appropriately manage portfolio assets, including the raising or deployment of cash flows, portfolio rebalancing, tax management, and other portfolio transactions.
- Follows general corporate policies and pursues actions that contribute to the efficiency and performance of Investment Management Services, while maintaining diligent compliance with all policies and procedures. Assists other team members as needed and maintains effective internal communications. Avoids making trading or business errors or omissions.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- MBA degree from an accredited institution, or Bachelor’s Degree with a financial professional designation such as CFA, CIMA, CFP, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 - 12 years of experience in the investment management or securities industries or equivalent work experience.
- Requires expert understanding of investment securities and financial markets.
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Power Point) or similar software.
- Knowledge of or ability to use Bank and trust related software.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Strong communications skills, including verbal, written, inter-personal and presentation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships/partnerships with a strong collaborative and consultative approach.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop teams.
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as necessary or assigned.
- Must be able to provide own transportation or to operate a vehicle with a valid driver’s license, and commute as required.