The Senior Portfolio Credit Risk manager is responsible for portfoliorisk analysis and independent oversight of credit quality. S/he is responsible for all aspects of portfolio credit quality including compliance with the loan parameters established by Loan Star Funds and those established by Caliber.
- Analyzes trends in credit risk data and escalates developments per company policy and procedures for risk escalations.
- Communicates and shares insight to causes of risk indicators and proposes recommendations to resolve or mitigate identified risks with team.
- Reviews identified credit risks and liabilities; informs and recommends resolutions with business lines to mitigate risk potential.
- Assists in processing risk assessments by analyzing risk data and identifying any plausible risks affecting the business and operations.
- Monitors competitive offerings specific to guidelines and credit policy in the portfolio lending / non-agency space and shares awareness with appropriate stakeholders
- Familiarity with agency guidelines to recommend potential clarifications or enhancements to portfolioloan guides
- Works with line of business to document change requests, and facilitates organizational reviews and approvals
- Assists in developing guidelines / policy for new products and changes
- Serves as a point of contact for the department by responding to internal inquiries regarding single loan exceptions, and ensures that procedures are followed for consistency in approvals and fair lending. Tracks results of outcomes and turn-times from Credit Risk reviews.
- Informs employees on credit and risk policies and guidelines to build a risk aware culture and practice across the organization.
- Researches a wide variety of topics and issues including emerging credit risks and trends in the Non QM space and credit risk management best practices surrounding these activities
- Assists in processing credit risk assessments by analyzing risk data and identifying any plausible risks affecting the business and operations.
- Informs employees on credit risk policies and guidelines to build a risk aware culture and practice across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Master's Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- Experience -
- 7 to 10 years credit riskexperience, preferably in the portfolio space.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Demonstrated Non QM credit analysis skills for understanding/tracking and market risk & modeling skills for evaluating related risk exposures.
- Strong quantitative capabilities and analytical skills, including an investigative mindset.
- Strong MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Outlook) skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and foster internal relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze risk and provide recommendations and/or resolutions to minimize risk.
- Ability to summarize, document, and communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry best practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to change direction as project demand dictates.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate instructions to others, summarize and articulate issues, and document findings in a clear and concise manner.