ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for plumbing & fire protection design projects and a key part of design teams within CannonDesign. This role will be integral in establishing and building our Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineering group on the West Coast. You will collaborate with Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineers in our other offices in Chicago, St. Louis, Buffalo, Boston, and DC. We have your back while you work to build this team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Preparing documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation and construction documents, as well as specifications, for plumbing/fire protection systems and equipment.
- Designing plumbing and fire protection systems using Revit.
- Assisting in the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
- Responsibility for field observations of projects under construction.
- Recommending ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor in Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems Focus).
- Minimum 10 years of experience with the design of plumbing, laboratory/medical gas, kitchens, fire protection, and other specialty systems required. PE and LEED preferred.
- Proficiency with BIM applications and Revit experience desired.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects.
- The successful candidate must have experience presenting solutions to project teams and clients.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.