What you’ll do:
• Make use of horizontally scalable databases such as AWS Dynamo DB, Elastic Search, and S3 to ensure we have reliable, highly-available and high-performance data.
• Profile and performance tune your work to ensure we deliver the best web experience to designers across the globe.
• Review teammates technical designs, code, and tests to keep the entire team aligned on solutions.
• Partner with other architects and teams to ensure that our ecosystem of services stay consistent, loosely coupled and independently scalable.
• Focus on automated testing and robust monitoring
• Build components, services, and applications for Continuous Delivery
• Minimum of 8 years of experience designing and building high volume, high availability backend applications (required)
• Minimum 4 years’ experience building Node.js applications (required)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (preferred)
• Experience building RESTful APIs (preferred)
• Experience deploying services on AWS Lambda
• Exposure to AWS Step Functions is a plus
• Exposure to Vue.js/Angular 2/React or other modern UI frameworks is a positive
• Experience developing Electron apps
• Experience using Circle CI/Jenkins/Puppet
• Ability to review code, provide feedback on pull requests
• Experience profiling and performance tuning services and web applications
• Experience writing automated tests using Mocha/Chai/Jest
• Experience working with highly concurrent systems (Highly desired)
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field. Equivalent work experience accepted in lieu of a degree