Responsible for the strategic development of new features and management of existing features for the Key Product area that will serve to drive traffic, customer experience, revenue growth and profitability for the pharmacy business. Works closely with IT, Pharmacy, Finance, HR and Marketing.
- Reviews the divisional goals and customer experience for assigned area and translates into a logically sequenced and optimized action plan. Develops the product and feature roadmap for area of expertise. Oversees and ensures adherence to the plan. Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair site functionality and/or the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals. Manages prioritization and trade-offs among engineering, user experience and customer service.
- Develops detailed product features, requirements and implementation plans. Manages and oversees existing functionality of assigned area. Identifies the customer segments with strong growth potential and opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to the customer and profitability/ROI to the organization. Gathers input to define product concepts. Develops strategy and implementation plans for growth. Oversees implementation of features within area. Accountable for end results of implemented strategies.
- Leads cross-functional teams to envision new product features. Coordinates among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that products features get to market per specifications.
- Develops and is accountable for the long - and short -term goals that directly impact the growth for the adoption and usage of the Walgreens pharmacy business for the assigned product and features.
- Defines and analyzes markets, including but not limited to the measurement and analysis of existing products and services. Evaluates technologies and identifies opportunities to innovate and improve.
- Performs business and financial analysis, monitoring and reporting. Builds business case to justify expenditures for building products.
- Performs as SME and as consultant to senior management and key stakeholders in area of expertise. Builds strong internal relationships with technology and development teams in order to drive implementation of new product features and strategies.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes. Builds and maintains employee morale and motivation. Ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies. Fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Identifies industry best practices in pharmacy and builds partner relationships. Understands how technology advancements drive sales and increase customer satisfaction. Keeps up to speed on all new product launches in the online space.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in product/business management OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in product/business management.
- At least five years of experience in consumer-facing or internal client-facing solution development.
- At least five years of experience in product management, business development, or management consulting.
- Experience working with the product development lifecycle.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- MBA, Masters or other advanced degree
- Experience in pharmacy, healthcare or retail industry