If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Senior DevOps Engineer role will be focused on the automation, modernization, standardization, simplification and support of the existing integration & delivery pipeline, and the new development. This individual will be jointly responsible for defining, engineering and operationalizing the DevOps practices and pipelines that will be leveraged by multiple software development teams. The role requires working with the engineering and software delivery teams and SMEs to understand the requirement and communicate newly curated patterns, estimations and timeline. The individual will be required to implement the DevOps best practices and communicating the delivery status to the leadership.
- Develop and support integration and deployment pipelines
- Develop templates and library that are reusable, multi-lingual, and portable to cloud (Azure DevOps, AWS)
- Work with business and development teams on guiding them on development and Azure best practices, how to use tools and monitoring. Collaborate with product teams, engineers, leadership to communicate and facilitate the execution DevOps practices
- Develop pipeline library – declarative and scripted for steady state.
- Build pipeline adoptions using Azure DevOps, AWS & implement touchless requirements
- Debugging and problem solving
- Requirement gathering, analysis, design and implementation, deployment support
- Assist with the automation
- Asses tools, practices and make recommendations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree Business, Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree required
- Master's degree IT, Computer Science, Technology preferred
- Five (5) years or more With DevOps methodologies and processes, CICD Automation and implementation.
- Five (5) years or more Programming experience in DevOps using various tools like Terraform, Azure DevOps, Powershell, AKS, APIs etc.
- Five (5) years or more in Software development, software engineering, system engineering, and platform architecture.
- Five (5) years or more in designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across multiple compute nodes.
- Five (5) years or more in managing and supporting resources (IaaS and PaaS) in Azure.
- Three (3) years or more in providing technical recommendations (solution design to your team and to internal customers.
- Three (3) years or more Scripting Knowledge with tools such as PowerShell, Bash, Terraform, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience with various DevOps tools like Azure DevOps, Terraform, Github, Sonarqube, Checkmarx etc.
- Self-starter, go-getter, triage and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of software packaging tools, version control systems, Cloud platforms, code coverage and security, monitoring/alerts.
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and applications as needed, yet cognitively agile enough to have strategy discussions with leadership.
- System Administrator support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems.
- Understanding of Azure security standards.
- Create and Manage Monitoring and alerting solutions to gauge and be aware of application Health.
- Familiarity working as part of an Agile development team using scrum methodologies.
- Continual improvement: always growing ones craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team.
- Conflict resolution: facilitate discussion and alternatives or different approaches.
- Experience working with Infrastructure as a Service components such as virtual machine instances, storage provisioning, and autoscaling.
- Quick learner and Self-Motivated: ability to quickly gain a high level understanding of the technical and business domains. Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Disruptor: willing to challenge the status quo and existing processes with alternative solutions that are conducive to our transformation strategy.
- Flexible: ability to shift to the role or tasks needed for each situational transformation. Ability to 'get the job done' regardless of role definition.
- Experience in DevOps, Github, Cloud (Azure, AWS), Terraform, Scripting languages, AKS, ServiceNow, Docker, Ansible etc.
- Experience working in environments with various Azure based PaaS & SaaS services. (IaaS, Azure AD, Azure SQL, storage accounts, Redis cache, Azure Web Services, Service Fabric, AKS, etc.).
- Experience with Windows Server OS, Windows Failover Cluster, IIS.
- High degree of knowledge in networking (DNS, protocols, virtual networks, subnets, firewalls).
- Strong scripting experience (Python, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, DSC).
- Understanding and practical application of methodologies like ITIL, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and SRE.
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code deployment templates and Azure blueprints.
- Experience managing Microsoft Azure environments (AD, VM’s, NSG’s, Resource Groups, Access Control).
- Experience in architect, design, development of automation deliverables.
Applicants from California, Colorado, New Jersey, New York City, and Washington:
Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market
data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or
The salary for this position ranges from $130,000.00 to $150,000.00. Employees may also be eligible to receive an annual bonus, as applicable.
Ryder offers comprehensive health and welfare benefits, to include medical,
prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance options, as well as
paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement, family and parental leave, and a tax advantaged 401(k) retirement savings plan
Job Category: Platform Engineering
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.