We are looking for Senior Plastics Engineer for our client in Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Plastics Engineer
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Great opportunity to join a high-functioning Value Engineering team supporting the development and manufacturing of medical devices and disposables.
- As a key member of the team, the incumbent will have responsibility for performing DFM, tooling, process, and validation engineering activities supporting multiple projects across different business units and product lines.
- They will participate in cross-functional project teams, interfacing with other internal departments such as New Product Development, Global Supply Chain, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing, and Procurement. Regular collaboration with local, domestic, and international suppliers is also required to achieve objectives related to new product introduction, operational efficiency, and quality improvement.
- Project goals include supporting the launch of new plastic & elastomer components into manufacturing and developing improvements to existing products and processes.
- Daily engineering duties include part DFM (design for manufacturing) analysis, supplier management, component qualification, and the coordination of validation activities (IQ/OQ/PQ) for injection mold tooling & automation.
- Job duties may also include prototyping, feasibility testing, implementation of manufacturing work instructions, and creation of validation protocol/report documents in compliance with client's guidelines and ISO & FDA standards.
- Minimum B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering, or related Engineering discipline
- M.S. degree in related engineering field a plus.
- 5+ years engineering experience focused on plastics and injection molding.
- Knowledge of polymer materials, plastic product design for manufacturing (DFM), tooling design, and injection molding process development required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to local, domestic, and international locations approximately 15%.
- Expertise in using Moldflow® and Minitab software, design of experiments for injection molding, and scientific process development techniques for injection molding highly desirable.
- Experience working with automated SPC systems, LSR molding, and micro-molding also highly desirable.
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software desirable.