Responsible for the maintenance, repairs and improvement of all equipment, buildings and grounds at the facility and the installation of all equipment which may be required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully involved with local management team. Provides technical input, solutions and options on improving productivity/efficiencies, and documented product quality, for all product lines.
- Seeks bids on construction, alteration or installation work as required. Recommends contractors based on cost, workmanship, and completion dates. Administers such contracts, and coordinates work performed to insure expectations are met.
- Maintains current layout of buildings and grounds indicating location of all pipes, electrical service, drainage and other utility services.
- Provide technical oversight of production equipment, plant facilities and plant utilities.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the facilities heating, air conditioning, electrical and compressed air systems.
- Maintains and submits the plant Envirochart and required sustainability reports.
- Facilitates energy-related activities to ensure that the plant meets energy goals.
- Authors requests for capital funds, to include executive summaries, bills of materials, and other necessary documentation for projects requiring capital funding.
- Works closely with corporate engineering resources to complete projects by assigned deadlines.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Federal, State and local safety and health, environmental, building and fire ordinances and standards not limited to lockout-haz-com, machine guarding and waste disposal. Is an active participant in local safety program and ensures maintenance team performs work in safe manner. Ensures compliance with GMP and food safety standards.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, holidays, or irregular hours to complete projects or to support plant production.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Systems Engineer, Building Maintenance
Education Required: Degree in related Engineering discipline.
Experience Required: Eight to ten years of industrial maintenance experience in a responsible supervisory position.
- Ability to shut down any machine if it poses an imminent danger to employee’s health and/or safety.
- Ability to shut down any machine because of a quality problem so suspect material can be contained.
- Ability to shut down any if it is down three times in one hour for the same mechanical problem.
- Authority to contact any staff or management team member with concerns, questions or suggestions pertaining to their job or work environment.
- Initiate Corrective Actions for violations of Company policies.
- Recommend hiring, termination and promotions of subordinates.
- Approve expenditures up to pre-determined amount identified by corporate guidelines without prior approval of Plant Manager.
- Authorize to purchase and introduce chemicals into the facility