WSP is currently seeking a Senior Planner to join our Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design department, located at our Toronto and Thornhill offices. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for supplementing our land use planning group on one of the Country’s largest transit infrastructure projects, on land use planning public policy and on land development projects. The successful candidates can expect to be challenged in a variety of tasks undertaken in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Organizing and participating in large stakeholder meetings;
- Engaging in property matters to facilitate transit and related infrastructure;
- Obtaining planning and development approvals;
- Preparing planning policy and zoning reviews for municipal and development clients;
- Preparing municipal planning documents such as official plans, zoning by-laws, and secondary plans;
- Research and presentation of planning analysis;
- Support during public consultation processes; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Planning;
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in a municipal or consulting environment;
- Transit planning experience related to planning and development approvals will be considered an asset;
- Full membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Strong public consultation experience;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, query, analyze, and effectively communicate information;
- Demonstrated skills in project management, including management of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible, enthusiastic team player committed to upholding our reputation for delivering high quality service;
- Excellent written and oral communication and time management skills; and
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.