Supervises and checks work performed by Draftsman and Designers. Coordinates design with other disciplines in preparation to produce technical data used in the layout, construction, and operation of oil and gas field, refineries, gas compressor stations, chemical plants, and process systems. Senior Designers generally have 10+ years of continuous drafting and design experience in the industry.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Generate conceptual piping layouts
- Maintain plot plans and equipment arrangements
- Reviews piping design deliverables before issuing to Client
- Communicates complex technical solutions and concepts to staff and clients
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines and effective management of change. Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity and budget control.
- Design and prepare plans for using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software
- Produce effective designs by using their understanding of industry design and engineering techniques
- Maintains the implementation of piping specifications
- Responsible for all data produced by Piping Department
- Work directly with client to define and meet project goals
- Work with Project Managers and Engineers to meet the needs of the project
- Demonstrated capability in successfully heading up and completing projects
- Multiple years of experience in design, drafting and modeling.
- Oil and Gas experience including refineries and gas process.
- Proficient in current engineering design and drafting software packages.
- Familiar with latest standards and codes
- Operational knowledge of spreadsheet and database programs.