Why Join us?
We are hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, TX Energy – Nuclear Service Group as a Senior Piping Designer.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Typical duties may involve, depending on service, conceptual and final design of piping, electrical diagrams, or mechanical details for structures, etc.
- Provides design, production and coordination of construction plans and drawings in support of engineering or architectural project(s). Selects and recommends design procedures.
- Performs calculations, utilizing knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry as required.
- Develops and lays out conceptual designs for proposals to be reviewed by senior technical professional or project manager for conformance with specifications and client requirements.
- Develops and lays out final plan designs on assigned project or portions of projects.
- Performs designs utilizing CAD/PDMS/E3D
- May prepare plans or details for construction projects.
- Maintains good knowledge of governmental regulations, codes and ordinances and applies them to plans, as needed.
- May prepare CAD working drawings.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent technical discipline plus ten years' experience, or associate degree.
- Minimum of ten years' progressive drafting and design experience, including at least eight as a Designer, or HS diploma (or equivalent) plus a minimum of fifteen years progressive drafting and design experience, including at least seven as a Designer.
- Proficiency in CAD/ PDMS/E3D strongly desired; good technical writing and communication skills.
- No registration required; however, incumbent should be seeking applicable registration if movement onto the Engineering or Architecture career path is contemplated.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program