The candidate must have experience in working in a project team that will be responsible for executing multiple projects. The candidate will manage and be accountable for the execution, schedule, budget and quality of the project work. The candidate will report directly to the Manager of Pipeline Engineering or Chief Engineer of Pipelines, the project manager, and have daily communication and interaction with our clients. The candidate may also need act as the Project Engineer and have responsibility for coordinating all of the engineering disciplines within a project. The candidate must have a strong background in the preparation of cost estimates and budgets and must possess strong leadership skills. They will be the point of contact and have responsibility for the activities, developments and issues concerning the pipeline work for project. They will be expected to assemble and coordinate a team that will take ownership in the projects.
The candidate will have an extensive background in gas or liquid pipeline projects, including knowledge in the design and construction of pipelines, compressor stations and metering stations. They must understand the management processes needed to execute multiple projects and the requirements of projects controls to properly report progress and forecast remaining work. Ability to work onsite as projects dictate.
Responsibilities will include the following:
It is expected the pipeline engineer will have experience in the following areas:
- Oil & Gas industry engineering design, procurement, and construction
- DOT Class Location determinations for pipelines
- Pipeline fluid flow rate and volume calculations
- Wall thickness calculations and all relevant variables for cost effective pipe selection
- Buoyancy control for pipeline installation
- Directional drill design and other crossing methods for pipelines
- Pipeline right-of-way requirements and mitigation of barriers for acquisition
- Demonstrated awareness of safety in the design, construction, and operation of pipelines
- Development of pipeline alignment sheets with drafting support personnel
- Development of project scopes, execution plans, cost estimates, and project schedules
- Demonstrated mastery of word documents and spreadsheets
- Master of regulatory codes (B31.4; B31.8) and recommended practices for pipeline design
- Preparation of equipment specifications and data sheet creation
- Development of field procedures for pipeline construction, purging, packing, dehydrating
- Pipeline internal inspection, anomaly repairs, and pipeline integrity management
- Demonstrated awareness of surveying, environmental issues for permitting and construction
- Knowledge of drawing requirements for station layouts, piping plans, PFD's and P&ID's
- Knowledge of compressors, pumps, motors, metering, fluid storage and piping
- Association and knowledge of automation systems
- EPC projects as well as smaller manage and maintain projects
- Preparation of RFQ's, construction bid documents, and bid evaluations
- Construction scheduling, cost monitoring, management, and general project control
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or applied science "Mechanical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Pipeline Engineer" from an EAC/ABET approved college or university.
- PE License PREFERRED or Pursuit of a Professional Engineer license is strongly desired.
- Required 10-15 years minimum experience in US pipelines.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires proven team leadership experience.
- Must be able to clearly communicate to other team members and client personnel.
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports, specifications and correspondence.
- Mathematical skills that are required for completion of a Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Able to identify problems and seek solutions from more experienced engineers or Subject Matter Experts.
- Proficient in PC operation, including spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours, occasionally in excess of a normal 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. schedule.
- Ability to travel as dictated by project requirements.
- A basic understanding of CADD