The Senior Pipeline Engineer will contribute to and take lead on the technical/engineering aspects of midstream and downstream oil and gas pipeline, terminal and refinery projects from the permitting and design phases through the commissioning phase. Work includes front end studies, project development, cost estimates, detailed design, and construction support of gathering and transmission pipelines in the oil and gas industry. Candidate will be assigned as the Project Manager and Lead Pipeline Engineer for design and construction projects. Duties will include maintaining and promoting a focus on MSG final deliverables through development of quality products in a proactive fashion. Candidate will ensure effective communications with other engineering teams; assume responsibility for pipeline engineering scope, schedule and budget; and mentor junior engineers.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Assist team in identifying opportunities and proposing on future projects.
• Prepare and maintain design basis and assist with the project planning, scheduling, manpower estimates.
• Assist team in project development and client interaction for new project start up.
• Serve as project manager on midstream and downstream design projects, monitoring performance from budget, quality and schedule standpoint.
• Assist in all phases of project design including calculations and analysis to correctly size pipe, pumps/compressors and storage facilities.
• Mentor project team with technical guidance, identification of industry standards and set quality expectations.
• Prepare cost estimates incorporating material, equipment, and labor costs in both congested and non-congested environments.
• Develop specifications and drawings for construction.
• Prepare bid documents for material, equipment and construction.
• Review vendor drawings and bids to determine compliance with specifications.
• Consult with construction support personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
• Interface with the client’s technical personnel on specific project design items or tasks.
• Provide technical support and engineering services during construction.
• B.Sc. in Engineering with 10-15 years’ experience in engineering and construction in the pipeline industry. Civil, Mechanical, Petroleum or related field.
• Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications.
• Working knowledge of pipeline modeling software.
• Familiarity with pipeline design codes (ASME, API, etc.)
• Familiarity with local and federal pipeline safety regulations.
• Experience with design of horizontal directional drills and other boring methods for pipeline crossings.
• Experience with permitting (FERC permitting experience a plus).
• Willing and eligible to obtain or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
• Experience with cathodic protection systems design is a plus.
• Experience with main replacement programs is a plus.
• Experience in Business Development is preferred.
• Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment.
• Ability to complete assignments that require independent work.
• Ability to identify problems and seek solutions from experienced engineers.
• Previous experience with Energy or Gas Company preferred.
• Professional Engineer’s License preferred.
• Strong communication skills (meetings, reporting, presentations).
• Capable of delegating work tasks to individuals and teams.
• Capable of preparing scope of work documents.
• Capable of participating in sales presentations as a technical expert.