Shape the way industry develops mechanical, thermal, and fluid system through the use of modeling and simulation. By partnering withmechanical and control engineers you will help them advance their ability to develop and analyze complex systems.
In this Pilot Engineer role, you will leverage your experiences to understand and effectively communicate MathWorks solutions for mechanical systems engineering.
- Engage with prospective and existing customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Develop proof-of concept incluiding programs, application examples, and simulations to demonstrate how MathWorks softwre addresses the needs of our customers.
- Partner with sales representatives to provide technical guidance for selling strategies toward successful achievement of sales goals.
- Advocate for future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Background in multi-domain physical modeling and computations
- Expertise in numerical solution techniques for systems of non-linear differential algebraic equation is desired.
- In depth programming skills in physical modeling software (Simscape language, Modelica, C, C++, etc.)
- Experience in developing and verifying physical models for the purpose of control design, component sizing, and system performance evaluation.
- Experience in deploying physical models for real time execution using hardware in the loop (HIL) systems
- MS or Ph.D. in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual setting.