We are seeking a Senior PhysicianRecruiter to ensure an effective and quality pipeline of providers are available and well developed to sustain and build the clinics and ministry initiatives. This position serves as the primary point of contact for practice managers, medical directors, directors, Chief Medical Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Executives Offers, etc, for all recruitment and selection of providers. Responsible for all provider recruitment functions including consulting and implementing the sourcing and recruitment services that favorably impact our business objectives, outreach site visits, conference attendance, reference checking and building relationships with all provider candidates. This individual will deliver high quality service to both internal and external customers. In addition, responsibilities also include developing and maintaining relationships with physicians, group administrators and service area and regional leadership teams. The senior recruiter holds meetings with Hospital Administration and Medical Group Administration on a frequent basis. The senior recruiter also serves as a consultant in compensation, contract models and strategic workforce planning. The senior recruiter is responsible for reporting and special projects at the request of the Administration teams listed above or PS&D leadership.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Leads provider hiring business strategies through the development, coordination and delivery of highly sought after provider talent by understanding the strategic needs of the organization, and the competencies required for success.
- Works with service line(s) to do job intake, define job skills and competencies, align expectations and competencies.
- Serves as a talent business consultant to help develop and facilitate internal and external relationships with key functional experts and all level of executive leadership and across the “offices of” (such as Hospital Credentialing, Payor Credentialing, Provider Compensation & Contracting, Human Resources etc.) to build, accelerate, and sustain leadership capability and plan for business outcomes.
- Initiates sourcing-specific materials to support recruitment activities (i.e., practice opportunity summaries, compensation and benefit data, community information, etc.).
- Updates and manages candidate relationship management database (CRM) and/or applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Collaborates with PS&D Operations and Recruitment Resource Coordinators to ensure requisitions are complete, opened, activities/candidates tracked and closed in ATS.
- Manages recruitment of complex positions such as advance practice nursing, physician assistant, all levels of physicians, allied staff, and leadership or hard-to-fill requisitions.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to build strategic recruitment plans and sourcing strategy plans, clarify required job skills and competencies with leadership.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing resumes against job requirements, interviewing candidates against qualifications and presenting recommendations to leadership.
- Proven success having sourced candidates using networking, social media, events, competitive intelligence/research, sourcing tools and other programs.
- Experience recruiting for other highly skilled positions with limited talent pool, ie similar to executive, provider, healthcare, IT, engineering, or other highly
- Ability to think strategically and pro-actively to develop strategies that will solve or mitigate problems before they occur.
- Capability to assist and offer recommendations around business development and workforce planning.
- Knowledge of strategic business plans, practice proforma, development plans and monthly / annual reports.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain recruiting processes.
- Excellent negotiation and public relations skills, including navigating highly confidential, sensitive, and political conversations and/or contracts.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects/recruitment priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to travel locally and distances, as required for the job.
- Knowledge of laws related to recruitment and employment.
- Ability to develop solid relationships with administrative teams and physicians and understand the unique dynamics and personalities of various markets, specialties and practice environments.
- Ability to negotiate successful contracts and lead interdisciplinary teams through process.
- Knowledge of provider workforce planning.
- Exceptional written and spoken communications skills including interpersonal, relationship building, coaching, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate to consensus with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Intermediate computer skills, i.e., able to work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Project, webcast and team collaboration tools).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 3+ years of recruitment experience.
- Experience consulting with executives and leadership on compensation/offers, market trends, sourcing challenges, candidate interviewing, and recruiting process expectations, accountabilities and service level.
- Previous experience using CRM and ATS.
- Participation in a recruitment professional organization (e.g. Association of Staff PhysicianRecruiters (ASPR), FASPR Fellowship, AIRS Certified Recruiter, NW Recruiter Association, ERE, NAHCR Certified Recruiter).
- Knowledge of fraud, abuse and inurement laws, including Stark regulations