Description: Provides independent physical therapy management of patients under the direction of the Rehabilitation Services Director or designee. Provides physical therapy services in specialized patient care clinics, and assists in the development, implementation and review of departmental patient care programs.
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction. Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve established goals. Initiates discharge planning for physical therapy. Implements the treatment plan through direct treatment of the patient, delegates a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel, and coordinates the treatment program with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Provides advice and education to patient and family. Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patients towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment. Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy. Provides accurate, timely documentation of physical therapy patient management.
- Participates in appropriate and approved educational and clinical research activities in physical therapy. Participates in specialized patient care clinics outside the department. Assists in the development, implementation, and review of departmental patient care programs. Performs other duties as needed in the areas of staff education, departmental operations, and departmental projects. Demonstrates on-going progress toward meeting the criteria for professional practice.
- Acts as an instructor in patient education classes/groups within and/or outside the department based on operational need as defined by departmental leadership. Provides a minimum of one departmental in-service per year as requested by the Rehab Director e.g. journal club presentation, regular in-service presentation. Serves as a clinical instructor to PT students as requested by the Rehab Director. Able to manage complex patients independently with minimal consultation.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in physical therapy.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree with certification in physical therapy or foreign-trained equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed to practice physical therapy by the State of California by date of hire.
- BLS required.
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 619958