Publishers Clearing House (PCH) is looking for a talented Senior PHP Developer to join our engineering team. The Senior PHP Developer will work in a fast paced and collaborative environment on new sites as well as on developing enhancements of existing high volume and feature rich web sites.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, architect and develop new and existing PHP websites (hands-on coding)
- Work collaboratively to ensure that all development efforts are completed according to standards and that the solutions are robust and extensible
- Work in an Agile environment and interface with Marketing and/or Product Owners to help understand and size user stories
- Ensure proper tracking of tasks and ensuring Sprint story commitments
- Respond to any critical defects or production issues
- Collaborate on infrastructure
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field required
- Minimum 5 years technical experience in designing applications and physical architectures for enterprise level, mission critical systems
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies
- Must have successfully created large scale PHP web applications running using a PHP framework
- Experience in the development of shared packages and libraries
- Experience working with package management systems such as Composer
- Must have strong experience working with SQL databases
- Must have exposure to the setup and configuration of the Apache web server
- Familiarity with developing and deploying applications in the cloud
- Experience with No-SQL databases a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively
Publishers Clearing House (PCH), headquartered in Jericho, NY, and with offices in NYC, Portland (ME) and Boston, is a leading direct-to-consumer company offering a broad range of products, digital entertainment services to consumers as well as customized solutions for advertisers. Our continued success in today’s new digital publishing environment is built on PCH’s unique, free-to-play, chance-to-win value proposition, which enables individually personalized offers based on the trusted first-party relationship we maintain with millions of consumers and is fueled by the excitement of the Publishers Clearing House brand.
Join our winning team and apply today!
PCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer