The Senior Photonics Device Test Engineer will be responsible for the characterization, and validation of highspeed optical devices for next generation. This role will work closely with design and process engineers and implement state of the art testing procedures for silicon photonic devices in order to enable timely launch of products into the marketplace. The successful candidate must have solid knowledge of silicon photonics device physics, optical /electrical test and measurement methods, software automation, and hands on experience on the test system development and setup.
*This list is not all inclusive. Additional duties will be assigned as needed.
- Characterization of highspeed photonic devices and passive structure;
- Generate comprehensive test reports and documentation;
- Define measurement of high data rate electro optical links to guarantee compliance to industry standards and specs;
- Lead design-process debug activities by interfacing with design and process engineers and provide feedback to next run;
- Lead and define setting up demos for trade shows required;
- Knowledge of fundamental physics of high speed electro-optical devices;
- Scope out & procure required measurement equipment required for all aspects of test and automation;
- Strong analytics background to tease out trends from large data sets to accelerate TPT;
- Experience with validation of highspeed optical components for products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- MS degree in electrical engineering, optical, or equivalent graduate-level and/or industrial experience in optical communications, highspeed photonic components or systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience in photonics device characterization and test system development setup in optical communications, high speed photonic components
- Experience with automatic fiber optical alignment system and automation
- Experience with software: LabView, MATLAB, Python
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and good communication skills
- Companywide Values: Customers, Results, Excellence, Innovation and Teamwork