This position is responsible to provide leadership for all processes and programs associated with the assigned line of business leadership within Banner Pharmacy Services. This position will work in collaboration with the corporate pharmacy services team and will report directly to the VP of Pharmacy for Banner Health. This position will be directly responsible for strategy, program planning and expansion, oversight of all operations, budgeting, quality and patient safety, and the cost effective provision of pharmaceutical care across the continuum. This position will have direct supervisory responsibilities as well as accountabilities for partnering with stakeholders across the continuum to provide excellence in patient care.
- Responsible for the strategy and vision of pharmacy services, in collaboration with the continuum of pharmacy services and pharmacy and executive leaders within Banner. Leads a collaborative effort to design, develop and implement comprehensive pharmacy services within the assigned business line. Assures business line pharmacy services positively impact Banners population health management model. Sr. Director assigned to Specialty Pharmacy will provide clinical oversight for quality issues and programs by participating in the clinical oversight body. This body reviews and approves quality improvement projects, provides clinical guidance where needed and grants authority to the Clinical Management Team and the Quality Council.
- Ensures compliance with all laws and accreditation and regulatory standards in areas of responsibility, including, but not limited to controlled substance management, 340b integrity, privacy, etc. Establishes internal controls to measure and assure compliance. Manages detailed, integrated policies, procedures and standard operating procedures to support adherence to best business practices and operations.
- Develops service excellence standards, aggressive goals and accountability of all pharmacy staff and partners. Models excellence in customer service and assures teams are engaged in achieving uncompromising service standards.
- Ensures efficient, effective provision of pharmaceutical care, leveraging the appropriate utilization of technology and automation. Sets efficiency goals with staff, and fosters an expectation that all staff members are accountable to contribute to improved efficiency standards for the organization.
- Assures services in area of responsibility contributes to the organizations efforts in establishing evidence-based practices specific to drug use, controlling pharmacy expenditures and ensuring maximum patient benefit.
- Leads a highly effective team and assures all team members are competent, effective and professional and are committed to continuous learning as well as clinical, operational and service excellence. Establishes performance standards and competency requirements for personnel, as well as developing retention and recruitment strategies. Visits points of care or business units regularly, and provides appropriate feedback, mentoring and direction. Holds leadership and staff accountable for effectively carrying out their responsibilities.
- Supports a system approach to continuous quality improvement, medication safety and just culture. Utilizes data to identify and classify medication adverse events and errors, and establishes quality improvement programs to resolve and prevent future problems. Assures issues are appropriate escalated and addressed at the system level.
- Provides regular, succinct, standardized written communications for stakeholders (e.g. Hospital executives, Medical Group executives, MG physicians when appropriate), Inpatient pharmacy leaders, and Executive Pharmacy Leadership. Schedules and leads regularly scheduled live meetings based upon need.
Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience. Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; Drivers License; Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in Risk Management (ARM); CPA; SPHR; Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT); Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM); Certified Facility Manager (CFM); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association; current and unrestricted pharmacy license.
Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
Experience in business development or managing implementation of a new business line or service.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply For This Job
Connect With Us!
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Banner Health.