Senior Performance Test Engineer
Equifax, a global provider of information solutions, is looking for a Senior Performance Test Engineer to contribute to the quality assurance process of Consumer Services team.
The Senior Performance Test Engineer works closely with different team members and other countries business and IT personnel on software development projects, ongoing maintenance and enhancements web applications, API, designing and executing test scenarios to verify, validate and deliver high quality software solutions.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Performance Test Engineer:
- Software quality assurance, quality control project management, testing strategy, effort estimation
- Define and develop solution-based non-functional test strategy across solution industries
- Define, develop and own the best in class enterprise solution testing toolset and practices
- Build and maintain a scalable, generic, configurable performance testing
- Design the workload model for test applications
- Requirements analysis, elicitation and validation
- Create scripts to test load of environment/feature
- Execute existing scripts and new scripts
- Run performance test for each release prior or ensures that it is executed
- Defect management
- Configuration management
- Coordinate and execute performance testing
- Work concurrently on several projects; each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project
- Proactively seek out and champion alterative solutions.
- Mentor, teach, and coach teams across organizations in solutions best-in-class practices in non-functional testing
Required Skills of the Senior Performance Test Engineer:
- 5+ years of software testing/quality assurance working experience
- Experience in business and requirements analysis, and elicitation
- Proven Expertise in defining Performance test strategy and test plans and integrate them with solution test strategy and test plans.
- Analysis of new features per release and possible impact to performance
- Conduct Performance testing, including API testing; load, concurrent user and stress testing development, execution and publishing results.
- Understand and gather the non-functional requirements from business.
- Expert and hands-on experience of automating load testing using Client Performance Center or Load Runner, JMeter or similar
- Hands-on experience of 4+ continuous years in non-functional testing to ensure solutions meets acceptable scalability, reliability and capacity requirements
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience in analyzing throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization using tools
Preferred Skills of the Senior Performance Test Engineer:
- Experience in all phases of the testing lifecycle
- Experience in software quality assurance, quality control, configuration and defect management.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and to keep abreast of latest technologies
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, work management, and analytical skills
- Analysis of results found from each test
- Work with appropriate Development or other resources to resolve any issues
- Good knowledge of Continuous Testing processes is highly desirable.
- Ability to convert abstract performance level requirements given by product management/customers into actionable performance attributes
- Hands on experience in monitoring the solution performance post production using tools like AppDynamics or Datadog
- Hands-on experience in API testing and can locate the bottlenecks in performance
- Good understanding Software architecture to be able to relate to solution performance and make executable recommendations for performance enhancements
Education Requirements of the Senior Performance Test Engineer:
- University Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, technical certifications, ISEB or similar