Position: Senior Performance Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: Full time
- Set baseline automation for performance measurements and analysis
- Advise and mentor teams on performance best practices
- Automate performance measurement and analysis
- Orchestrate performance tests across services
- Mentor software engineers on performance best practices
- Assisting in the creation of processes and procedures with input from other development teams
- Supporting an open, learning, and progressive environment to allow the team's exploration of new solutions
- Build best in class telemetry infrastructure
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience developing software with focus on performance
- Understanding of system architecture and performance tradeoffs
- Strong understanding of distributed computing and best practices around SaaS
- Hands-on experience testing software utilizing best practices for related to non-functional requirements
- High maturity of diplomacy and ability to see and rationalize multiple points of view
- Experience with Agile software development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE...
- Background working on highly-available, high-transaction volume, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with performance testing tools and analysis like Gatling or JMeter
- Experience with APM tools like Dynatrace or New Relic
- Skill with programming languages such as Java, C#, C++, Scala, Go, Clojure, etc.
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Prior experience using, or knowledge of Hadoop and associated technologies such as Kafka, Storm, Hbase, Solr etc.
- Strong foundation in developing and testing cloud-based solutions using platforms such as Heroku, Azure, or Amazon AWS
- Knowledge 12-factor application principles