Senior Performance Engineer, Federal Employee Program
Under the direction of, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mentor Engineer I. Prepare manuals and train associates in use of Performance Monitoring, Testing and Reporting tool. Stay abreast of advances in technology
- Analyze requirements, participate in design reviews, develop and document test strategy, test cases and test scripts. Execute stress, load/performance tests, validate, document and review findings with application teams
- Proactively work with application, InfrastructureArchitecture and Technical Services and network teams to resolve performance issues
- Setup, install and maintain Performance Monitoring, Testing and Reporting tools. Develop Monitoring Design documentation including dashboard designs, alerting strategy and triage methodologies for business critical applications.
- Design and implement the Performance engineering methodology, define appropriate tools for use in the process, and establish IT system performance guidelines. Capture and document application mappings (transactions, application components, servers and connections) and Production Workload models
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Thorough understanding of test methodologies and processes
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Mid level experience with one or more system performance tool suites, such as Performance Center, TeamQuest, Wily, or RUM.
- Experience with server platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX and/or Mainframe
- Mid level Statistical programming experience such as SAS
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence. This includes leading web-based review and/or planning sessions with technical peers and management.
Education & Experience:
- 2-6 years experience with performance testing and methodologies using automated testing tools
- Must have experience in analyzing performance data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Discipline specific training
- Working knowledge of architectural frameworks and methodologies
- Broad knowledge of operating systems and software development tools
- Demonstrated large project testing for enterprise level systems where multiple upstream and downstream applications are supported and/or affected required
Department: Capacity Planning
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job ID: 10846-1A