Our client help improve the lives of millions of people – every single day. Their mission is simple. They create and deliver world class, enterprise software solutions enabling their customers to offer the highest quality products to their clients at lower costs.
As a senior member of their engineering team, you will conduct performance testing and tuning of the company's platform product. This role collaborates very closely with our engineering teams to create performance test plans and delivers performance test results by utilizing industry standard load testing and profiling tools.
- Design, develop and execute performance/scalability tests to improve availability, performance, reliability, capacity and scalability in the UI, n-tier database layers
- Effectively work with their offshore team
- Continuously examine the application code with the focus on performance. Identify, document, perform root cause analysis and report all issues and finding
- Conduct initial evaluation of 3rd party tools and vendors, coordinate proof-of-concept testing and implementation
- Create and maintain performance testing framework
- Recommend and deploy performance analysis monitoring tools to the development team
- Research, develop and help incorporating engineering best practices
- Continuously evolve and contribute to a culture of software excellence including performance and scalability architecture
- Serve as a liaison from the performance team with scrum teams to assist with performance-related issues
- Contribute to evolution of engineering best practices, standards and guidelines.
- Hands-on experience working with performance load testing tools: NeoLoad,
- HP LoadRunner or similar tools
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server queries and transactions. DBA experience is a plus
- Familiarity with issue tracking and SDLC tools such as JIRA.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum models
- Experience in Performance Monitoring tools
- Familiarity with J2EE technologies
- Exposure to virtualization technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in testing the performance of RESTful API
- Performance testing experience working with databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and MongoDB
- Experience with performance monitoring tools across a wide variety of enterprise technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 7+ years performance-testing and tuning enterprise-scale workflow applications and platforms
- Experience in agile development methodologies is a plus