Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? We are looking for a seasoned, creative Performance Engineer to help us focus on the scalability and performance of our products and create meaningful benchmarks that address customer use cases.
At Splunk, each and every release of our software is highly scrutinized to meet the demands of our customers. As a Principal Performance Engineer, you'll have a key role in our products' success. You will collaborate with peers, field teams, customers to understand and encapsulate the use cases into industry standard benchmarks. You will work with product management and interface directly with our customers to get direct exposure to the usage patterns we strive to satisfy. You will also drive projects to integrate benchmarking into our continuous integration and test automation frameworks.
- Define, develop and perform performance/scalability testing on Splunk products leveraging/building tools created for the purpose
- Define, design, and implement benchmarks to generate metrics giving guidance on system characteristics
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to implement benchmarks by working closely with Product Management and Architects. Execute them, identify key bottlenecks and work with engineering to eliminate them.
- 6+ years of experience in Performance engineering and Benchmarking
- Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load
- Ability to find root cause of performance bottlenecks
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Expert in scripting languages (Python) and compiled languages (C/C++)
- Comfortable in Microsoft and Unix/Linux environments in terms of both tools and systems administration
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent