Senior PeopleSoft Technical Analyst
Formulates and defines specifications for business requirements, functional designs and information architectural specifications. Develops, modifies and maintains code implementations and integration with PeopleSoft HRMS and FSCM modules as well as other corporate systems that support business strategy and requirements. Fully understand the software development life cycle.
QUALIFICATIONS Level Senior:
- Education and Experience: Bachelor Degree (area of Computer Sciences preferred) and 8 years of programming experience OR 10 years programming experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high degree of professionalism
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead small or mid-size application deployment/upgrade project
- Must be willing to obtain applicable certifications
- Presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- In depth functional knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM, Kronos, Finance, and/or Supply Chain Management application
- Proven experience with software development and maintenance, database systems, client/server and internet architecture concepts, reporting tools and use of personal computers and common desktop applications
Mandatory Skills for all levels except Entry:
- Application Designer
- App Engine
- BI Publisher
- Application Packages
- Component Interface
- Integration Broker
- Change Assistant
- Data Mover
- Tree Manager
- Process Scheduler
- Approval Workflow Engine (AWE)/Approval Framework
- Security Administration and all other technical aspects of the PeopleSoft environment.
- Development experience in a PeopleSoft environment required.
- Oracle database platform experience with SQL and/or PL/SQL knowledge required.
- Understanding of the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) is a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical and application support to IS staff and end-users for Business System related issues.
- Provides application support by identification and resolution of system problems, providing in-service training as required.
- Develops documentation to support system implementations, program modifications and customizations including development of manuals, system diagrams and process flow charts according to department standards. Translates functional requirements and procedures into well-implemented business solutions.
- Develops/Updates programs conforming to an established internal or vendor recommended programming standards.
- Utilizes in-depth understanding and knowledge of workflows, policies, and procedures, business processes, regulatory requirements and best practices to :
- Analyze existing practices by facilitating communication, cooperation and information from key users, ensuring patient safety and consistent practices throughout the organization.
- Design, redesign and analyze processes and apply knowledge to build software application.
- Contribute to the preparation of testing scripts and participates in testing for implementation, upgrades, and fixes. Performs unit, system and integrated testing tasks.
Follows "Service Excellence" guidelines
Level 3 – Senior
- Facilitate and drive to the collaboration with end users, business areas, IT, vendors and leadership to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate system processes
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level data into details, abstract up from low level data to general understanding and distinguish user request from underlying true needs.
- Assists in software selection and evaluates emerging technologies, staying abreast of best practices.
- Plans, participates, implements and communicates; may lead and direct work activities of others in the planning and preparation of go-live implementation as well as projects, updates, patches, and other routine maintenance.
- Utilizes technical expertise to strengthen the knowledge and skills of related team members
- Escalates to appropriate vendor support personnel on system problems or issues