Construction. Waste management. Aggregates. These industries are dirty, dangerous, and often overlooked by a world obsessed with sexy new technology, social networks, and shiny devices running the latest apps.
But without construction, you’d have no place to live or work. Without aggregates, say goodbye to your roads and sidewalks. And landfills? You get it.
We give the people building our civilization the power to track, map, and measure everything they do. We close the information gap between a physical worksite and the people who manage it.
If you love the idea of working for a company that codes a latte-delivery app or builds an expensive smart water bottle, do not apply for this job.
But if this huge opportunity piques your interest or, better yet, you’re excited about smart software and hardware solutions that solve problems for honest, hard working people —Propeller is the place for you.
We’re fascinated with solving hard problems in uncharted territories. Everyone is empowered to approach, own, and solve problems creatively. We’re 100% about impact and 0% about ego.
We treat each other in a way that means people love coming to work. We listen and we own our mistakes. We really like making each other laugh. We embrace and inspire change. We are transparent, respectful, and fair.
We are looking for a Senior People Partner to be a critical part of our growth trajectory. Last year we doubled our team in Denver and we’re doing it all over again! This kind of growth is exciting and hard, but if you love a challenge it's a lot of fun.
At Propeller, we know that the most important levers we have are who we hire and how we support our people. Reporting into our Sydney based Head of People, you will be responsible for directing the strategic and day-to-day functions of HR in our Denver office, building out our Denver-based People team from the ground up. You'll be partnering with our teams to coach, resolve challenges and develop programs to engage and empower our people in North America.
- You have 8+ years of experience supporting businesses in an HR capacity and have experienced high growth environments. SHRM, PHR or equivalent certification is preferred but not essential.
- You have an excellent understanding of People/HR programs. These include performance management, leadership development, career development frameworks, compensation and healthcare.
- You have experience managing people, and desire to set the tone and culture of a growing company.
- You love people and build trust easily. You have a passion for creating the right environment to help us attract, engage and keep the best talent.
- You believe that being clear and transparent is essential in empowering our people. You help them understand how people decisions get made.
- You can juggle a diverse range of priorities. A standard day could involve supporting someone with compensation questions, dealing with a performance issue, and rolling out a people development initiative.
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get work done. You’ve rolled out new programs from scratch and enjoy being in the trenches with the team. You do your best work in fast-paced environments where information is imperfect and the decision-making is quick.
- You’re able to get buy-in with leaders and stakeholders across all levels, teams, and geographies to drive change.
- You’re comfortable pushing back and holding the line when you need to.
- You’re able to analyze data, understand trends and best practices and develop recommendations for action, based on your research.
- Nice to have: HR Business Partner experience for Sales, Marketing or Customer Success Teams (we define these as the “Go To Market” teams).
- Develop an engaged team with a strong sense of purpose; they know why they are here, they are empowered to do their best work.
- Champion existing D&I initiatives as well as develop, design and lead the implementation of new ones.
- Support the Go-to-Market team leads in a People Business Partner capacity to develop and roll out programs to support individual and team development and celebrate successes.
- Support and advise on any performance or HR issues.
- Advise the People team on US benefits. You will be the point of contact for all US compensation and healthcare-related matters.
- Ensure that our Denver office space is a place where people feel safe, supported, and able to do their best work. This involves managing our growing Employee Experience Team to coordinate noise solutions, team engagement events, and office moves as we grow.
- Act as a trusted advisor and coach to our Go-to-Market leaders. You'll play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Assist in the interview process where needed, typically at the final stages.
- Partner closely with the global people team, ensuring we grow as one company with integrated people strategies.
We offer employee stock options and a 401K plan; four weeks’ paid vacation; paid parental leave; 10 days paid sick leave; and fully paid employee United Platinum PPO medical, dental, and vision coverage. Our inviting and open plan office in RiNo comes stocked with snacks and is 10 minutes away from a dozen breweries and bars. We take being a great place to work pretty seriously.
Propeller is for everyone. We’re an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. Your gender, age, religion, sex life, or skin color won’t make a difference here. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.