As Engineering Lead, you are responsible for leading and coaching multiple agile teams on architecting, designing, building and delivering business applications for DLL’s leasing platform. This is a hands-on lead role and your span of accountability covers complete SDLC responsibilities including definition, architecture design, development, testing, delivery & support as well as continuous improvement in delivering innovative, complex and large scale IT solutions for multiple products/systems in the assigned leasing lifecycle domain. You will directly partner with the Product Management and Business managers at the Country level in ensuring business applications for DLL’s leasing platform meet the evolving customer needs. You will lead one or more Agile delivery team(s) to ensure team success and coach them to size, manage scope, design optimal technical solutions, identify and mitigate technical risks.
The role requires extensive technology experience and skills in one or more development platforms/business applications such as Pega/Oracle/Micro Services/Vertex/Industry specific custom Applications and other development frameworks & technologies. In addition, the Engineering Lead will have broad understanding of leasing business functions and various technical solutions in the financial services industry. This role defines/promotes adaptation of best practices, provides consultative guidance and recommendations on pragmatic solutions to solve complex business requirements.
In this role you will be part of the Digital Flow team that is responsible for delivering Lease lifecycle focused products and innovative solutions. The various initiatives for the team affects multiple business units, large end-user populations, corporate client delivery, applications, and other areas of solution delivery within the organization. As such, this position is critical to ensuring the appropriate stakeholders are engaged in evaluating the optimal solution design to meet the complex business needs. The position requires someone with excellent communications skills (verbal and written), works well under pressure, and effectively work with disparate teams throughout a diverse business community.
This position requires extensive knowledge of SAFe/scrum/agile methodology and framework. The knowledge of IT processes and supporting technologies, and how these technologies integrate within projects and the existing environments is a must.
Day to Day:
- Lead the definition, architecture design, development, testing, delivery & support of business applications using one or more of development platforms/applications such as Pega/Oracle/Micro Services/Vertex/Industry specific custom Applications and other development frameworks & technologies.
- Work as a lead member of the Solution Architecture and Engineering team driving decisions on Business applications and components required for the business value generation for the specified life of the lease process cycle domain
- Hands-on member of the Agile team to architect, design, develop and test software applications
- Validate that technical solutions can be practically executed, properly integrate with the existing application portfolio, and coordinated with enterprise strategies and roadmaps
- Partner with Product Owner and cross-functional development team to support business value delivery
- Hands-on member of the Agile team to drive innovation and continuous improvement via participation in agile development process
- Solve complex business issues with innovative application of technical solutions and resources for escalated and high priority issues
- Plan and integrate the work activities of virtual IT teams
- Partner with Business and IT leaders to convert business needs into strategic capabilities and assets
- Coach and mentor team members for career development and ensuring a motivated team environment that enable members success
- Be the Change champion to enable organization change management success for Agile transformation
- Drive implementation of innovative solutions, development standards, IT processes, systems architecture, and design patterns to improve IT delivery Process and Automation
- Ensure Business Continuity and Risk Management practices are followed
“Our values are not imposed from the top, but built by the members themselves.”
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Technical or Business subjects
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience in one or more of development platforms/applications such as Pega/Oracle/Micro Services/Vertex/Industry specific custom Applications and other development frameworks & technologies.
- Ability to provide technical leadership across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
- Ability to lead technology teams of 5-15 members with diverse technology experience and skills
- Successful track record of IT projects delivery, lifecycle management with demonstrated business results
- 5+ years of experience within the financial services and/or leasing industry is highly desirable
- Possesses a deep understanding of enterprise software patterns and how they may be leveraged with diverse technology solutions
- SAFe Agile Certification is must
- Excellent team player with proven ability to influence
- Highly adaptable to a change environment
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to team development
- Able to give and receive open, honest feedback and to foster a feedback environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of DevOps and Cloud native applications is a plus
- Excellent communication written and verbal
- Possible Travel (10%)