Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Our Annuity IT team is looking to add a Senior Pega Developer to the team.
- Assists in the formulation and definition of system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs documents and maintains application programs.
- Contributes to the development of project plans and timelines.
- Provides estimates for planned work.
- Establish an open relationship with customers, teammates, and other members of the IT organization.
- Complete assigned tasks as directed in a timely manner using approved coding practices and standards.
- Unit test code for proper functionality.
- Follow the established standards, patterns, and processes.
- Participate in team planning activities.
- Certified Senior System Architect in Pega 7.
- In-depth understanding of Pega, with 3+ years of experience using Pega.
- Hands on experience in Pega 7 development and development of services in support of Pega.
- Experience in various rules and features like User Interface, Flow Actions, Agents, SLA, Correspondence, Single-Sign-On, PRPC Security, Reports, Connectors, REST and SOAP Service.
- Experienced in full PRPC implementation cycle including enterprise Class Structure design/Rulesets design.
- Familiarity with omni-channel deployment using chat, social, mobile and co-browse functionality.
- Performs code reviews and ensure compliance with Pega guardrails, coding, UI and architecture standards.
- Enforce best practices in Pega architecture/design/coding.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching and motivational skill.
- Experienced in implementing technical solutions on BPM Platforms such as Pega 7.
- Design, develop and implement exceptional technical solutions.
- Manage technical implementation tasks to ensure work is delivered on time and on budget.
- Effectively troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
- Mentor junior team members on on-going basis.
- Working experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Ability to perform in a challenging but collaborative work environment with individuals from across the organization.
- Integrates multiple concepts across job functions with a goal of overall benefit to the organization.
- Ability to communicate, develop and leverage strategic business relationships across the organization and externally.
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Experience in the insurance/annuity industry a plus.
- Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- C#.Net, ASP.Net, Web API, XML, WCF
- Web Services, HTML
- Automated build/deployments