The Senior PCB Designer will interface with Engineering and Marketing departments in order to develop Printed Circuit Board (PCB) designs and systems that will meet customer needs while adhering to industry standards for manufacturability and assembly. Responsible for creating parts lists for PCB assemblies, while working closely with the Purchasing department. Will communicate with various departments and groups, both inside and outside of the organization to aid in the PCB design process. Maintaining schedule objectives is a primary responsibility.
- Perform the various tasks involved in the PCB design phase which includes, but is not limited to, component & netlist upload, component placement, signal routing, organizing layer stack ups for proper power distribution & signal returns, EMI considerations and DFT test fixtures.
- Review schematics to ensure they comply with company policies.
- Use, maintain and update ECAD library.
- Ensure designs comply with IPC standards and safety agency (UL, CE, TUV) requirements.
- Ensure design for manufacturability (DFM) and test procedures (DFT).
- Implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Design check of PCB designs.
- Use company provided software packages in order to access/read/modify/design parts, schematics and PCB layout designs.
- Generate all deliverables required for each release/revision of products.
- Interface with outside vendors. fabrication houses and design consultants as required throughout the design process to ensure the highest quality design output.
- Verify and approve all required data from the outside vendors, such as gerber files.
- Read, analyze, and interpret engineering specifications.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products, testability, and procedures.
- Participate in team or individual projects.
- Maintain advanced understanding of relevant technology specifications.
- Create and update status reports.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001; understand and fully support ISO system.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements of Omron.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules, regulations and policies.
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Drafting, Engineering Technology or similar field.
- 5-10 years of experience with PCB design. PADS, Altium Designer and Orcad software are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced collaboration, team building and development skills.
- Advanced problem solving, logic, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Intermediate abilities to plan and accomplish goals.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, resourceful, and able to take initiative.
- Ability to work in a team, in a fast paced work environment under deadlines.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of circuit design and analysis.
- Intermediate knowledge of materials, purchasing and manufacturing processes.
- Intermediate computer skills (spreadsheets/word processing).
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is often required to talk, hear at normal speaking levels, sit and use their hands and fingers to type, handle or feel, including repetitive motions with the wrists, hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands, this is a sedentary position involving sitting most of the time. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for extensive computer use, reading and visual inspections.
These work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.