Light is pioneering the era of the software-defined camera. Powered by sophisticated computational processes, software-defined cameras deliver intelligent, high-quality imaging at cost-effective, global scale. Light’s first product, the award-winning L16 Camera, has eliminated the quality or convenience dilemma that has plagued photographers for a century. Light’s foundational technologies, including its Lux Capacitor camera control chip and its Polar Fusion Engine for multi-image processing, are licensed for use in applications like smartphones and beyond. To learn more about Light, visit light.co.
This is your unique opportunity to collaborate with our hardware design team and gain domain expertise in a radically new camera technology.
what you will do...
- Design rigid and flexible PCBs for 1st and 3rd-party cameras, development kits, and accessories.
- Closely collaborate with Electrical, Mechanical, and Optical Engineering on board outline, mounting, thermal, and interconnect considerations.
- Drive the process and execution of placement and layout reviews. Define and maintain layout style guidelines and constraints.
- Coordinate with local PCB fabrication and assembly suppliers on rapid prototyping to the world’s largest ODMs through mass production.
- Perform first article visual and electricalinspection of PCB assemblies.
- Own the configuration management and engineering change process of Light’s components and designs.
what you bring to Light...
- 7+ years experience designing high-density multi-layer PCBs with cost sensitivity.
- Experience shipping Consumer Electronic products, Cameras/Mobile preferred.
- Expertise in high-speed digital, controlled impedance, and switch-mode-power supply and constraint-based PCB layout.
- Cadence Allegro design experience.
- Configuration Management ownership with Arena PLM and Cadence CIS.
- Ensuring error-free release of gerbers, BOM, and fabrication/assembly drawings.
- Vested interest in selection and relationship-building of PCB supply chain.
- Experience converting from Altium Designer and Mentor PADS.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering preferred.
oh, but there's more...
- You get to up-level your game as you work with world class technologists who have proven they know how to create extraordinary technology.
- We offer high quality medical, dental, vision, life, maternity and commuter benefits.
- We value flexibility and know that it's a 2-way street. So our teammates get to enjoy our open time off policy.
- Our passion for photography is evident in everything we do from our in-house photo talks, gallery walks and other photography-obsessed events!
- Food. Yes. We eat a lot.
- Be one of the first photography enthusiasts to get your hands on the L16!