This role, you have the opportunity to
Be the first to help start up our brand new location in Nashville.
You are responsible for
- Monitors claim status updates for employees on short-term disability/FMLA and analyzes the impact of these changes on employee's pay.
- Works closely with Benefits and the third party disability administrator to resolve issues related to employee's disability pay.
- Processes terminations for employees transitioning from short-term to long-term disability.
- Ensure adherence to the short-term disability and FMLA policies and explain policy details to employees.
- Monitor Deloitte payroll uploads for the expatriate payroll.
- Process expatriate allowance adjustments and reimbursements.
- Process expatriate salary and position changes in the HRIS.
- Audit pre- and post-payroll expatriate results and resolve all inconsistencies.
- Set up FICA exemptions for expatriate employees.
- Track and monitor all tax refund requests.
- When applicable, process off-cycle checks as requested by representatives of the business units.
- Analyze the stock option file provided by Finance for accuracy and completeness. Validate employee FICA, state and local withholding taxes and collaborate with Finance on all adjustments where necessary.
- Execute the upload of the stock option data file to payroll.
- Complies with all Internal Control Standard (ICS) requirements in terms of supporting documentation and accuracy.
- Function as Subject Matter Expert with regard to all aspects of the disability and expatriate policies.
You are a part of
Governor Bill Haslam recently announced that Philips will be bringing about 800 new jobs to Tennessee. Philips is a global leader in health technology that makes life better for people, like you, through meaningful innovation. This position will be a part of our Global Business Services group responsible for leading operational execution, reducing complexity and increasing efficiencies as the in-house team that continuously improves performance to better support our customers. We are looking to build a new team in Nashville of passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse professionals that is powering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our our mission to improve the lives of 3B people a year by 2025. That’s where you come in. In fact, we’d like to meet you, so we are hosting a career fair on November 7th in Nashville. Learn more about how to register and attend.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a payroll environment.
- Experience with Kronos, ADP eTime, ADP GlobalView, SAPHRIS or Workday a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of office applications (MS Excel; MS Word; MS PowerPoint; MS Outlook)
- Ability to research, understand and apply intermediate to complex federal, state and local regulations relating to payroll, labor and employment taxlaws.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes that can occur with vendor relationships, system updates, policies, etc.
- Proactive in resolving issues with employees, businesses and other departments.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible work hours to ensure payrolldeadlines are met.
- Integrity and trustworthiness specific to confidentiality and privacy of employee information.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment.
In return, we offer you
• A career with a world-class brand committed to improving people’s lives through innovation
• Global multi-functional opportunities to advance your career
• Certification and training towards best in class skill development and specialization
• Strong leadership and mentorship from a group of seasoned professionals
• The chance to be a part of a new group that is powering excellence at Philips
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.