Senior Patient Access Director
Portland, Oregon, United States
As the Senior Patient Access Director, you will utilize your leadership skills to provide operational and strategic leadership to plan, organize, direct, and evaluate patient access functions as well as oversee department efficiencies in meeting departmental goals, and implement plans for improvement.
While managing and overseeing an extensive span of control for patient access operations, you will assure compliance with Joint Commission, federal, state, and other regulatory agencies related to patient access.
Additional responsibilities include managing budget to ensure profitability with patient access departments; planning and developing new systematic approaches to maximize upfront collections and accuracy in registrations; and leading patient access functions in a complex mix of high-volume, high-revenue, and multi-services settings.
Through your leadership skills, you will manage routine associate situations; direct the work efforts and results of a team of associates; develop associates through coaching performance, completing performance reviews, goal setting and development planning; and promote diversity and create a respectful work environment.
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of health care revenue cycle work experience
- At least 5 years of people management work experience
- Willing to work additional and irregular hours as needed
- Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) or Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP)
- Reside in or be willing to relocate to Portland, OR.