Under limited supervision, the Senior Paralegal performs day-to-day paralegal activities in support of the Legal and Compliance Department. Responsibilities include project management; contract management, negotiation and drafting; legal research; handling of routine corporate and litigation matters, identify enhancements to department and organization processes. This role will include interaction with other departments to ensure the following responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist attorneys with drafting and negotiation of complex client and commercial agreements; position will include drafting, reviewing, and managing of vendor, client, non-disclosure and similar agreements; prepare and manage template agreements
- Provide support for strategic (M&A, joint venture and other) transactions, including performing due diligence and preparing legal documents
- Facilitate response to regulatory examinations; assist in routine litigation matters; coordinate subpoenas and document production
- Develop and implement corporate policies and procedures
- Conduct legal research, as assigned
- Prepare periodic and/or ad hoc reports; assist with management reporting
- Perform various other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate and perform the knowledge, skills and/or abilities listed.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university. Must have minimum 10 years of paralegal experience, in-house experiencepreferred.
- Ideal candidate will have broad-based legal experience; experience in financial services, ERISA and/or tax matters a plus.
- Must have the ability to practice in a complex and evolving corporate environment and to learn new areas of law quickly.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects under pressure with specific deadlines; be solution-oriented and highly organized; and be able to perform assigned responsibilities with mi