Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Exceptional opportunity for an experienced Pulp & Paper Process Engineer to join our growing business in Wisconsin. Successful candidates will have extensive experience in consulting and capital project execution in Tissue Making. Selected individual will have a proven track record in engineering project discipline leadership, as well as the ability to develop and implement process engineering practices to support detailed engineering and design and required documentation for project development, construction, startup, and completion.
Early in the capital project work process, the Process Lead is responsible for developing design criteria and determining the project scope required to meet our client’s business objectives. Once the project is funded, the Process Lead provides supervision and technical direction over a Process Engineering team to complete the detail design deliverables. The lead also provides or supervises engineering support during construction, commissioning and post start-up phases of the project.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Process Lead responsible for the functional and technical direction of a team of Process Engineers in a project environment
- Plan and organize the work of the process team. Communicate the plan to the team, the project leadership team and the client
- Delegate work to engineers and designers in proportion to their technical skills and experience, following up to ensure efficient progress and quality of work
- Ability to work independently as a Technical Specialist as required
- Ability to give direction and lead a team on larger projects yet be able to execute the work himself/herself on smaller projects.
- Participate in development of projects from conception through detailed design and including commissioning and startup assistance
- Participates or leads design efforts including establishing process design basis, development of process options, and optimization of selected designs
- Review and approve all process deliverables
- Develop Material and Energy Balances of processes and unit operations
- Complete engineering calculations such as; pump and line hydraulics, drying, relief devices, etc.
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams and P&IDs including instrumentation and control considerations
- Develop and support of General Arrangement equipment drawings
- Produce bid packages enabling purchase inquiries to be issued for procurement of equipment, materials or subcontract pricing
- Produce professional service estimates in accordance with the company and department standards for project deliverables
- Develop Total Installed Cost (TIC) estimates for the process scope with support of project estimator
- Develop Process specifications for process equipment
- Participate in project cost and schedule planning
- Participate in Business Development Activities
Training and Experience:
- BS or MS in Paper Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related science or technology.
- Professional Engineering registration is highly preferred
- 10-15+ years in the Pulp and Paper Industry is required
- Experience with OCC & Recycled paperboard manufacturing required
- Experience in Pulp and Paper Operations is preferred
- Paper Machine experience is preferred
- Pulping experience is a plus
- Tissue Making experience is a plus
- Experience in project execution and delivery is required
- Experience with Wingems or Aspen Plus simulation software a plus
- Experience with design execution in a 3D design environment a plus
Other Essential Functions
- Participate in sales activities including pre-bid meetings, client presentations, scope review meetings, and proposal development
- Travel as required for client presentations and project related tasks – 10-30% Anticipated
- Actively participates in the mentoring of less experienced process engineers
- Position will work in both Appleton and Green Bay Wisconsin locations with primary location being in Green Bay