The Senior Packaging Project Manager manages day to day responsibilities of employees including performance and the overall project process and timeline. This role works proactively to help solve challenges that occur throughout the project and develops strong client relationships. The Senior Packaging Project Manager partners and consults across the packaging development function to identify and resolve project issues and resolves the most complex problems.
- Works with teams and suppliers in the development of projects and related timelines to meet the goals and priorities of the project.
- Facilitates inputs required for the creative development with brand design agencies for packaging design projects.
- Facilitates resolution of art file or printing issues with supplier/printer; leads all design extensions & adaptations across multiple structures; and consult and collaborate in the development of creative briefs with the business as needed.
- Resolves or assists in the resolution of issues within and between projects or teams; develop methods to monitor artwork project progress and resolve issues as necessary.
- Ensures that risk assessment and contingency planning takes place, is communicated and agreed upon by the team and is acted on to keep the project on track or to escalate any unresolved issues.
- Manages every portion of the approval process between internal and external partners, ensures alignment at every step of the design and activation process.
- Partners with vendors to ensure they meet service level performance.
- Represents the team at cross-functional, stakeholder, and vendor meetings.
- Ensures all projects feedback is properly tracked and documented and has been reviewed and agreed upon by all appropriate stakeholders.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished.
- Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing, Advertising or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Masters) preferred
- 8+ years progressive Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing, or Advertising experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.