ENGIE Services is seeking a senior Technical Specialist, with solid expertise in Energy Services and Facility Management, to develop and implement practices and procedures to reduce energy consumption and Facility Management operational solutions that will improve efficiency within Industrial, Commercial or Social Infrastructure facilities.
Reporting to VP of Business Development, the candidate will provide technical support to the P3 Bid Directors and their development teams pursuing Public-Private Projects (P3) for Social Infrastructure facilities (Healthcare, Courthouse, detention centers, street lighting and other government infrastructure, etc.).
- assessing the technical opportunities to improve the energy services, facility management and estimating the operations and life-cycle management costs of the facility during the pursuit phase;
- reviewing mechanical and electrical drawings including equipment specifications as well as interfacing with Design-Build partners and the ENGIE Services Operations team, to guarantee that the design and construction are in accordance with Operational interests and improve the overall value (capex v. opex costs) of the facility during the design-build phase;
- performing the commissioning of the facility, and ensure a smooth transition toward the Operational team that will operate the facility for the duration of the O&M/FM contract.
- acting as technical advisors during the take-over by our Services operations team, to help operations perform in accordance with the negotiated contract
- gathering all necessary technical data to analyze the facility, including metering, energy (load, profile, etc.), asset data (equipment list, specifications, configuration, set-points, etc. building and information systems (specifications, BAS/BMS, operating characteristics, CMMS and SLAs, run time, indoor/outdoor temperatures; etc.).
- conducting site audits to assess energy and facility management performances; and providing written reports of the findings with recommendations and steps to investigate potential opportunities for improvements:
- Ability to identify, develop and implement savings, operation improvements and energy conservation measures (Electrical, Heating, Cooling) in various domains, including HVAC (central heating and cooling plants, electrical systems, boilers and chillers, rooftop units, etc…), Building Automation, Central Plants and Lighting, Electrical and Mechanical, vertical transportation (elevators), Facility Management (janitorial, landscaping, snow removal, etc)
- Provide analysis of building system and operation procedures related to energy usage and load factors optimization, and control strategies.
- Identify and justify (investment/cost analysis) Energy Conservation Measure projects (define technical and operational changes solution, estimate investment, calculate expected operational and maintenance savings, define return on investment with regard to available incentives)
- acting as a technical lead representing Operations and Maintenance interests during the design and the construction phases, by:
- participating in design meetings and reviewing all design drawing and contributing/commenting while keeping in mind the O&M and life-cycle management best interest
- participating in construction meetings and verifying conformity between plans and realizations,
- formally reporting any deviations from the design that may impact operation and maintenance
- Working with Operations when taking over the facility and keeping a close eye on our KPI and ESFMP
- Over 10 years of relevant experience (experience in Building operations, design calculations, energy asset life-cycle management, P3 DBFOM procurement environments and Facility Management operational background are all considered very strong assets)
- Professional Engineer, Electrical-Mechanical engineering or any relevant education background is a very strong asset
- Background Energy modeling (O&M and Lifecyle costing model knowledge), Business modeling, Electrical and mechanical operational procedures are very strong assets
- CEM and LEED certifications are of great interest
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills and ability to interact with strategic stakeholders.