- Establishes community organizing priorities, and guides and coaches organizing team members to develop strategic organizing plans, objectives and outcomes within each community.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of key partnerships within each community. Builds cooperative relationships and influence at the most senior level in accomplishing change and/or solutions regarding conservation issues.
- Effectively manages, guides and coaches staff, ensures individual professional development, establishes performance objectives and expectations, evaluates accomplishments and effectiveness. Takes appropriate disciplinary action when needed, makes hiring and termination recommendations.
- Supports the Communications Department in the development and execution of media and public outreach communications and strategies to enhance the Club’s visibility and recognition within the assigned communities.
- Responsible for good fiscal management, fiscal controls and administrative practices in all aspects of assigned operations. Ensures compliance with Club financial, employment and operations policies and with external regulations in all aspects of assigned operations.]
- Ensures that local chapter and group volunteer efforts and capacity are effectively engaged in assigned community organizing activities. Provides guidance and support to volunteer leaders and chapter staff in building the strength and influence of the Club within the communities. Supports the alignment between national conservation and chapter priorities.
- Supports the Advancement Department in the development of effective relationships with donors and foundations within or with an interest in the assigned communities, and in the development of organizing objectives and strategies as part of grant projects and proposals.
- In support of the National Political Program, identifies opportunities to advance the Club’s conservation priorities through relationships with elected officials and via electoral campaigns. Assists the National Political Program in allocating resources for targeted campaigns and in developing organizing strategies to reach political program objectives. Assures compliance with election laws and regulations.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill
- Not less than 5 years experience leading community organizing campaigns, plus relevant BA/BS degree or commensurate education and experience.
- Prior staff management experience that demonstrates the ability to develop, train and coach employees.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute effective campaigns within multiple communities.
- Minimum 1 years’ prior staff supervisory experience that demonstrates the ability to develop, train and coach employees.
- Successful track record raising funds from individual donors and foundations.
- In depth knowledge of the craft of organizing and the political system.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in using the media; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior responsibility for fiscal and business operations management.
- Extensive travel required. Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and proof of auto insurance required.