The Senior Organizational Development (OD) Specialistis a member of the Learning & Development team and works closely with the field HR team and our Operational Corporate/Region Leadership. The role will specifically drive the implementation of OD, performance and talent management initiatives that support business objectives.
- Directly reports to Director, Talent Development
- Works closely with the following:
- Corporate Learning and HR Teams
- Corporate Operational Leadership
- Regional Leadership, HR Vice Presidents, Market Teams, Regional Training Managers, Regional Operational Development Managers and General Managers
- Manages, prepares for, schedules and performs follow up activities for Field and Corporate Talent Review meetings, including working closely with Operations and Field Leadership on schedule and strategy, and HRIS and Field HR teams to analyze and scrub data and reports using MS Excel and Access Database.
- Conducts organization/group and individual needs analyses, designs/develops in-house development solutions and/or researches and implements external options with third party vendors, and measures progress of individuals or teams
- Collaborates with Department Heads and Field Leaders to prepare and assist with creating performance management, skill building and career progression programs and initiatives, such as for high potentials and managers to grow into future management roles.
- Creates competency models, success profiles and partners with People Development Operations on career path maps, as well as development programs and objectives / key metrics to ensure retention and growth. Ties competency models to professional development offerings.
- Collaborates with leaders regularly in order to effectively communicate updates; prepares presentations and status reports for leadership.
- Serves as a facilitator for group meetings and/or training such as Leadership and OD programs.
- Serves as an internal consultant to address Corporate and Field needs for organizational redesign, organizational transition, and/or other key organizational change initiatives, and determines program ROI.
- Keeps abreast of training and OD trends and tools to identify ways to deliver meaningful training and development experiences and programs that are effective and scalable.
- Supports initiatives to reinforce organization culture and values. Programs may include partnering with Corporate Communications on strategic communications campaigns, training and field-specific initiatives.
- Performs tasks such as scheduling programs, creating communications and marketing plans, supporting on-site and field training / development offerings, preparing reports, monitoring costs, and entering/managing development-related information into the LMS.
- Partners with People Development Operations to design and execute annual performance management process as needed.
- Supports all Learning and Development and OD initiatives as needed.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Development, process improvement, business, communication, training/education, human resources, healthcare or other related field required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for bachelor's degree.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, consulting experience and/or working knowledge of automotive industry is preferred but not required
- Prior experience in designing and implementing talent and OD programs
- Familiar with talent management and succession planning. Leadership development experience highly preferred
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and connect personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- Adaptive to change with the ability to multitask.
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player
- Knowledgeable of training techniques suitable for differing styles of learning and of how adults learn via acquisition or use of information and skills.
- Demonstrates curiosity to keep abreast of the current thinking and trends in human capital and training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience delivering training sessions to large groups and presenting to executive teams
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite especially MS PowerPoint, Excel and Access as well as Adobe Acrobat DC
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.