Our Chicago business unit is part of a larger group of business and technology experts at the company, but we add a lot of individual expertise and personality to our work. We care about positively influencing the people around us. To help accomplish this, we connect local leaders and encourage knowledge sharing. We're looking for a Senior Organizational Change Management Consultant to join our growing team.
In this role, you will:
- Quickly build an understanding of the client's business, situation and desired outcome(s)
- Coach the client on OCM best practices, lessons learned and trends, while designing a tailored OCM solution that delivers value to the client and meets client's needs and expectations
- Assess, strategize, plan and execute the needed OCM activities to promote and help ensure faster adoption and (ultimately) sustainment
- Drive: stakeholder analysis; leadership alignment & engagement; change communications; change networks; change readiness assessments; job/role impact analysis; learning/training; post launch support; and key performance indicators
- Develop trusted relationships with client leadership and other influential individuals within the client organization
- Partner with the client to determine prioritizes; build and implement a tailored OCM work plan; identify and resolve/mitigate risks/issues; and keep client apprised of progress.
- Provide sales assistance with 'people enablement and change' initiatives, including prospect discovery calls/meetings, development of proposals and Statement of Works (SOWs), sales presentations, etc.
- Assist with recruiting the needed 'people enablement and change' talent via participating in Centric's interviewing process.
- Support Chicago OCM Practice Leader with practice development activities, including: work with National OCM to identify &/or develop needed artifacts; monitor & coach OCM Practice talent in the field; develop & maintain relationships with Centric leadership & account executives; etc.
- Report directly to and partner closely with the Chicago OCM Practice Leader.
- ADDED PLUS: Expertise in leadership effectiveness and/or Org. Design (including org./job analysis, redesign, and implementation.)
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- You MUST have ten plus years of OCM experience with a proven OCM track record. Experience and knowledge of OCM principles, methodologies and tools (e.g. Prosci, Kotter and LaMarsh.), where able to assess, build and execute tailored OCM strategies and plans.
- You MUST have three plus years of consulting experience with a management consulting firm (e.g. IBM Global Services, Deloitte, Accenture, etc.)
- Ability to create unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
- A learning mindset, ready to experience new ideas and situations regularly.
- We want someone who likes to solve problems. Clients don't come to us when the problem is easy. You should enjoy taking on the hard stuff.
- Because we work with clients, excellent communication skills are important – both written and verbal. Translating technical concepts into layman's terms is an essential skill. Practicing active listening skills to ensure the client feels heard and then implement (or fine-tune) OCM solutions based on what you heard.
- Initiative is important. We don't hand hold – you should be comfortable working independently in an entrepreneurial environment. That said, collaboration is equally important with us, the client and the project team.
- You should be someone with the spirit of an educator and thus gets excited about mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Last, but not least, we love creativity. Help us create new solutions, improve existing processes and solve problems innovatively.