How you’ll make an impact:
The Security Automation Consultant, is responsible for post-sales product and service implementation, as well as pre-sales design and scoping. Consultants are responsible for completing assigned projects in a manner consistent with the team’s Consulting Standard, which emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service. They are also responsible for meeting consulting billing objectives. This is an opportunity to work on a team that works with bleeding edge technology and solves unique problems. Location; anywhere USA working remote/virtual with some travel.
- Install, test, evaluate customer ordered equipment and software.
- Consult with customers to develop viable use cases for automation and turn those use cases into automated playbooks using Phantom and other various Security Orchestration and Automation platforms.
- Develop scripts in Python and otherlanguages
- Train customers on how to use Optiv installed technology.
- Ensure customer communication and satisfaction when project is complete to be sure project has met all proposal objectives and is completed on-time.
- Act as representative to identify opportunities as they relate to Optiv’s practice areas.
- Refer potential add-on sales opportunities to either account managers or solutions engineers.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as ISSA.
- Obtain and maintain top tier vendor certification.
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting.
Qualifications for success:
- Strong desire to learn new techniques and technology, and the ability to be self-sufficient in problem solving
- Inventive and creative personality
- Minimum four (4) years of hands-on experience with python
- Minimum three (3) years of professional Information Securityexperience in a consulting, vendor or enterprise-level role.
- Knowledge or Expertise of the capabilities of common platforms within an enterprise security environment and how they can work together to improve overall security posture (e.g. firewalls, SIEM, Endpoint, Threat Intelligence, Case Management, etc)
- Thorough understanding of large scale environments
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Excellent, detailed writing skills
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Ability to build consensus.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel.
- Location (Any of the following): US - Any