Senior Oracle Programmer Analyst
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Senior Oracle Programmer Analyst for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Senior Oracle Programmer Analyst
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Our client is seeking a highly-qualified candidate for the position of Senior Programmer Analyst with IBM Mainframe experience.
Senior Oracle Programmer Analyst
- Under limited supervision the senior programmer analyst will serve as a project resource working with the Maternal and Child Health Aegis application on the WIC (Women, Infants and Children) project.
- This position will be responsible for modifying and enhancing the current VB6 and Oracle public health clinical application.
- This position will also require the candidate to work with a small defined project team to diagnose, design, develop and test enhancements of new application code. The selected candidate must have senior knowledge of Visual Basic 6 and Oracle PL/SQL.
- The candidate must be able to work with a diverse project team and work in a highly visible and changing project environment with aggressive timelines.
- The candidate must have at least five years experience using the following technologies: Strong VB6 with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and Crystal reports. Ninety percent of the candidate’s time will be devoted to making modifications to a VB6 and Oracle9i database clinical application.
- This position requires at least five years experience with full SDLC project lifecycle.
- The candidate must be experienced in implementing client server and web base applications. The candidate must be able to use versioning change control and source control systems like Microsoft Visual SourceSafe as well as VB6 client server development.
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment. The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate must have 4+ years strong Visual Basic 6experience.
- Must have 2+ years .Net Web Services experience.
- Must have 2+ years of Crystal Reports experience.
- Must have 4+ years of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL experience.
- Must have Microsoft Visual SourceSafe experience.
- IBM Mainframe
- Provide runtime support for 2 legacy mainframe applications (Family Planning and Vital Records). Some development required. Support consist of but is not limited to:
- Insuring that the applications run correctly, and if not, fix the problem and rerun as needed.
- Provide support to users around the state to upload their data.
- Provide RACF support to users around the state.
- Provide View Direct support to users around the state.
- Provide user support to central users (owners of the application).
- Write ad hoc reports as needed by the central users.
- Easytrev and COBOL program modification as needed.
- JCL/Proc modification as needed.
Other Skills needed:
- ISPF - strong
- JCL/Proc - strong
- CICS - use and program in - strong
- DB2 -strong – Cobol and standalone SQL
- EasyTrev – very strong
- Batch COBOL - strong
- Command Level Cobol
- Document Direct
- View Direct
- 3270 Emulators
- Extra! – install, debug, upload, download
- QWS3270 – install, debug, upload, download
- Changeman – strong
- JCL Check
- Control-M – strong
- $avrs (savers) – strong
- PIE Multi-TSO Menu