About the Team
You will be part of the team that develops, supports and maintains our Oracle database environment here at Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Our job is to ensure our internal customers get world class support, and we provide scalable and secure solutions to our end users.
About the Role
In this role, your expertise and knowledge of Oracle databases will provide our internal customers excellent support. Your experience will provide the ability to deliver high quality solutions that you and the team are proud to be part of. Your ability to quickly resolve issues, work with your team members and customers to come up with efficient ways of accomplishing our goals along with your strong communication skills will get you quickly recognized and rewarded here at Williams-Sonoma.
This role reports to the Senior Database Manager responsible for all database technologies here at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
* Work with a team that supports over 150 Oracle databases;
* Provide capacity planning and performance monitoring of our database environments;
* Support, administer and maintain production and non-production database environments primarily running on AIX and Linux operating systems;
* Implement and maintain proactive database monitoring;
* Work with engineering and application support teams to identify, triage and resolve performance issues. This requires the ability to analyze, optimize and tune complex SQL queries;
* Deploy and maintain high availability and failover technologies such as Active Data Guard, RAC, Golden Gate;
* Create, clone and upgrade database environments to support implementation activities;
* Define, implement and support database backup and recovery policies using RMAN and/or storage replication technologies;
* Perform database restoration and recovery in the event of a failure;
* Define, implement and enforce database security standards to be compliant with company policies as well as SOX, PCI and PII compliance standards;
* Ensure sensitive data is appropriately protected via industry standard encryption solutions;
* Work with the appropriate teams (Security Compliance, Internal and External Auditors) to review security policies, participate in audits, and implement the appropriate remediation measures;
* Contribute to, and update, systems documentation as required;
* Participate in 24X7 support rotation.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.:
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe;
* We're a technology and data driven business;
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation;
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience;
* We get to be creative on a daily basis;
* We have a smart and experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas;
* We believe in autonomy, and reward taking initiative;
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
* You have implemented and supported mission critical systems providing 24X7 support;
* You have experience with data replication technologies like Oracle's Golden Gate, IBM's IIDR and Active Data Guard;
* You have excellent UNIX and Linux shell scripting skills;
* You have proven experience in tuning databases and queries;
* You can drive projects to get the projects accomplished with superior results;
* You deliver winning results and take accountability for your actions;
* You are an expert in diagnosing and solving complex problems;
* You understand the importance of data security, and can implement secure practices and work with SOX and PCI internal and external auditors to provide the needed evidence of the security of our database environments;
* You have very good oral and written communication skills and have the ability to influence others;
* You have 8+ years of Oracle database related work experience;
* You have a BS or MS in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered).
Technical Competencies Required:
* Deep understanding of Oracle DBMS 11.2 and 12c.
* Must have a deep understanding of Oracle Grid/RAC, Oracle Partitioning, Oracle CIS Security Standards, Oracle Enterprise Manager.
* Must understand Oracle performance tuning techniques.
* Deep understanding of database replication using the following technologies: Oracle Active Data Guard, Oracle Golden Gate, IBM IIDR or related data replication products.
* Significant experience with AIX, Linux (RHEL).