Job Description Summary
Performs Database Administration duties associated with installation, support, tuning, security and maintenance of databases. Handles moderate to complex database related activities and projects without need for guidance or supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- Implement, manage, and monitor databases in Dev/Test/Prod and DR environments.
- Perform physical implementation of database design from software installation to database creation.
- Install, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot databases and data models that support vendor products and in-house applications
- Manage multiple databases, ensuring that all servers are operational per SLA and all scheduled jobs and backups are consistently completed.
- Assume responsibility for backup and recovery, sizing, security, replication, database optimization, schema creation and maintenance, as well as SQL tuning and code optimization.
- Perform root cause analysis of database problems.
- Adhere to policies and procedures pertaining to the database management, security, maintenance and utilization.
- May need to participate in on-call rotation for support outside business hours
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.