The Senior Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for designing, developing and implementing new technologies, as required, to support the technical capabilities at AutoTrader.com. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires good communication skills, both with team members and business contacts. In addition, the successful Database Administrator must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
Technology we use: Oracle 12C, 13C, MySQL, RMAN, Oracle GoldenGate
• Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
• Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
• Participate in the design of new or changing programs
• Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
• Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
• Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
• Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
• Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
• Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
• Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
• Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
• Install and maintain database software.
• Implement data models and database designs into physical databases.
• Manage backup and recovery of databases using RMAN and/or Network Appliance Snapshots.
• Manage security of database structures and corporate data held within databases.
• Develop database procedures, triggers and SQL scripts for development teams.
• Assist in the definition and implementation of database standards.
• Review scripts submitted by the Development team to ensure that all standards are met.
• Monitor databases for errors and perform problem determination when necessary.
• Design and implement highly available production systems using the following technologies: Hot Standby/Data Guard, Advanced Replication, Advanced Queuing, Real Application Cluster (RAC) and Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Participate in on-call rotations
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
• 5-7 years experience in Oracle database technologies, as well as Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) systems
• Prior experience writing PL/SQL triggers and/or procedures.
• Experience with Oracle GoldenGate is a plus.
• Ability to work with minimal direction, yet also able to work in team environment.
• Working knowledge of LINUX and shell scripting.
• Experience configuring database network connectivity.
• Understanding of database backup and recovery techniques using RMAN and Network Appliance filers.
• Experience with high volume websites that use multi-tier architectures a significant plus.
• Understanding or experience using Oracle Real Application Cluster’s and implementation best-practices.
• Ability to analyze existing systems and make recommendations on which technology best suits the business requirement for high availability, Disaster Recovery or high performance.
What we look for:
• Experience setting up and managing Oracle ASM.
• Experience setting up and Managing OEM 12c/13c.
• Experience managing MySQL is a plus.