The Oracle Business Systems Analyst is the key interface with our business customers to implement new information systems, improve our business processes, and maximize the effectiveness of existing systems.
The Oracle BSA role is deeply knowledgeable in both our business processes and systems that support one or more related business functions.
The scope of the role includes working with key business stakeholders to interpret business needs and issues, translate them into actionable requirements, participate in design activities, configure software and reports, develop test scenarios and participate in testing, implementation activities including training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Is a key team member on the multi-year ERP program representing the needs of Finance (GL, Payables, Receivables, Assets, etc.)
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing business processes/systems/technologies used in/for Financial Management and develops strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment. Defines functional and system requirements accordingly.
- Ensures that any new software integration meets functional/ end user requirements, compliance and interface specifications, and proper documentation are maintained.
- Develops effective test scenarios, scripts and use cases with consideration to cross functional and process stream impact.
- Analyzes formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Performs application system administration functions specific to application setup, configuration and maintenance.
- Oversees small projects and/or tasks and phases of larger projects. Responsible for coordinating activities of teams, schedules and resources for assigned tasks or projects.
- Performs system, process and application monitoring and gathers metrics.
- Carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet quality, organization standards and end user requirements
- Excellent Knowledge of the business enterprise functions and processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast and dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively translate between functional and technical teams
- Ability to follow procedures and produce/maintain supporting documentation.
- Resolves simple to complex system problems in creative ways.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to produce exceptional quality output.
- Ability to suggest technological solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Adapts readily to changes in workload, staffing and scheduling.
- Normal office environment.
- Sedentary to light physical effort necessary to perform the job.
- Extensive contact with employees and external business partners and vendors.
- Travel (25%), off-hour meetings, weekends.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience is required
- BSA: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the specific function’s business processes, supporting systems and 3 to 5 years’ experience in Oracle EBS R11i/12 – Finance (GL, Payables, Receivables, Assets, etc.)
- Senior BSA: Over 10 years of experience in specific functional processes, supporting systems and 5 to 10 years’ of experience in Oracle EBS R11i/R12 – Finance (GL, Payables, Receivables, Assets, etc.)
- Commensurate Technical experience to perform the job duties.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Senior Oracle Business Systems Analyst- Finance - VIC0289.