As a Senior or Principle Photolithography Engineer in Micron's R&D/Technology Development group, you will be responsible for process module development for memory devices, in addition to other photolithography and process integration related activities. In this position, you will work with Micron engineers, technology partners and vendors to develop unit processes that meet device requirements for next-generation semiconductors, integrate processes as part of cross-functional teams and ultimately provide technology transfers to Micron’s worldwide manufacturing network. Additionally, you will address process issues with pilot line manufacturing and work on continuous improvements for manufacturability. Advanced process development tasks will include: Performing material evaluations; reticle, layout and OPC development; process window analysis; overlay optimization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Document procedures, transfer developed processes, and communicate results with senior management team and manufacturing partners
- Work jointly with equipment vendors to improve equipment design, test new equipment, and drive process improvements by working with vendors
- Optimize cell yield improvement, failure analysis, and device performance through process techniques
- Document and communicate plans, status, and results of R&D projects in written reports and presentations, including the analysis and interpretation of data
- Review all types of literature to identify potential intellectual properties (IP) opportunities and file disclosures
- Drive R&D Photolithography Process technology roadmap
- Understanding of optics including the principles and application of immersion lithography, polarized illumination, and low k1 imaging.
- Experience with chemical process specific to lithography, including materials for 365, 248, and 193nm lithography.
- Experience with lithography simulation software and application to low k1 imaging.
- Experience with material properties and characterization techniques of lithography.
- Strong aptitude for research and development and ability to create production-worthy technologies.
- Ability to develop and maintain relations with cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Understanding or familiarity of architectural structure of Micron’s memory products, semiconductor process flows and steps.
- Experience with project management tools and techniques.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Proficient in statistics, data analysis, Design of Experiments (DOE).
- M.S/Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics or some type of relevant area of study to Lithography with 10 years of experience, but any qualified candidate with at least 3 years of experience will be considered.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.