Your accounting expertise can help our clients grow! We are currently seeking a Senior and/or Manager level Accountant to play a key role in the Bonadio Group’s Amherst office. This role requires the ability to continually learn and use new skills, and to work in an energetic client-service environment. Come join an organization that treats its people great! Public with a great WLB!
- Overall successful completion of client engagements including but not limited to compilations, reviews, and tax compliance.
- Develop understanding of client’s business and aspects of client’s industry.
- Prepare clear and concise working papers and financial statements.
- Develop effective working relationships with clients.
- Focus on tax planning in an effort to minimize client tax and present ongoing tax savings opportunities to clients.
- Assist clients with special projects such as budgeting and cash flow projections.
- Prepare and review corporate, individual and partnershiptax returns.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Deliver projects/engagements on time, within budget and to client's satisfaction.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff inclusive of oversight on client engagements and providing evaluative feedback.
- BS in Accounting
- CPA certification preferred
- 4+ years of relevant public accounting experience
- Ability to provide mentoring and leadership to junior staff
- Prior bookkeeping experience inclusive of QuickBooks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Seek involvement in professional and community organizations
- Ability to develop and sustain business relationships for the purpose of increasing the firms client base
- Experience with ProSystems FX/Engagement software
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Our summer hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to noon on Friday.
- The ability to work additional hours during busy season is critical, but the rest of the year, flexibility is key.
In the fast-changing accounting industry, The Bonadio Group is always on the cutting edge of growth and innovation. Top-rated employee policies keep our workforce energized and advancing, and because of our many teams and specialty services, we offer more paths to partnership, including non-traditional arrangements. Add to that our robust training and mentoring programs, and the opportunities for growth really add up. Truly, at Bonadio, your trajectory is limitless. We are the nation’s 38th largest CPA and consulting firm, and the biggest in Upstate New York. Get on board, grow with us, and find your path to partnership. Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer