Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Operations Technical Professional with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This position will report directly to the Operations Technical Manager.
The Operations Technical Professional will develop operations manuals, procedures, and other operations related support for all systems associated with onshore and offshore Oil and Gas facilities. In addition, support and assist the Operations Team to ensure that all projects undertaken are completed and delivered within time and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out detailed control and monitoring of all project work in progress, ensuring all scopes are achieved within time and budget
- Develop technical deliverables (documentation) to ensure compliance with project requirements – based on templates agreed and approved by Client. Typically, this requires development of Operating Manuals and Procedures for equipment
- Inform Senior Operations Technical Professional or Operations Technical Manager on projected technical issues, constraints, and/or any potential shortfalls
- Highlight issues related to document development, production and technical compliance as needed
- Liaise with Clients and all associated third parties in relation to project work scopes under direction of Senior Operations Technical Professional
- Attend Client technical meetings as and when required
- Participate in weekly project meetings, as required
- Provide comprehensive and timely progress reports to the Senior Operations Technical Professional and/or Project Manager
- Ensure all work is implemented in accordance with the Company Business (Quality) Management System – use and maintain discipline check-sheets for all development effort
- Maintain own work plan and allocation of priorities while collaborating with rest of the team
- Proactive communication with Operations Team lead and Project Manager all project issues
- Contribute to the evaluation and preparation of bids/tenders/quotations as required by Senior Operations Technical Professional and/or Project Manager
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on/practical operational experience within oil and gas, marine or petrochemical industries
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred but not required
- Strong understanding of Operations and Maintenance practices (including Industry best practices and regulatory requirements related documentation need)
- Ability to explain the functionality of Oil & Gas equipment
- Competent in quickly reviewing detailed engineering drawings, like P&IDs, Cause & Effect, and Alarm Set Point registers – and its importance in creating Operations manuals & procedures
- Hands-on experience in Operations and Maintenance is required
- Strong Technical Writing Skills Experience is required
- Understanding of Upstream, Midstream, and Downstream Industry requirements
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Projects
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
Apply OnlineRefer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.