Senior Operations Superintendent
General functions are to manage the entire Corn Operations; and the respective staffs in order to ensure product, personnel and plant safety; and the efficient operation of the facility. These functions must comply with the Bunge Core values of integrity, openness & trust, teamwork, entrepreneurial, commitment and most importantly, customer and farmer focus.
- Work closely with the Plant Manager to ensure the facility is operating in a safe and efficient manner.
- Implements and oversees Bunge Management Operations System, all process optimization events and all other operations initiatives.
- Responsible for the productivity, quality, safety and environmental functions of the facility.
- Assists Plant Manager with development and management of plant budget.
- Daily oversight and discussions with the production, quality, maintenance, scheduling, and quality superintendents to ensure yield efficiencies, quality control, inventory management, and budget control.
- Overall responsibility for the safety culture of the facility and implementing Bunge’s safety programs.
- Ensures assignment and completion of critical facility work force issues.
- Oversees the sites food protection and food safety programs.
- Oversees environmental responsibilities at the site including all necessary reporting.
- Ensures all customer, state, federal, and third party audits are passed.
- Oversees the facilities fumigation and integrated pest management programs.
- Assists in new product development and customer specifications.
- Assists Plant Manager with capital and expense project development and execution
- Oversees and reviews daily operating records.
- Oversees inspections of equipment in the facility for safe, sanitary, and efficient operations
- Assists Plant Manager with performance appraisals and employee evaluations.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field is helpful and preferred
- 10+ years of experience in milling/Masa operations, or related and applicable activities
- Thorough knowledge of milling operations
- Proficiency with basic computer skills, including Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word and other technical software packages, as needed
- Proven abilities to effectively manage, motivate and train employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude