The Senior Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for management and monitoring of risk strategies for deposit and lending services and serves as a leader in the creation, implementation and maintenance of Credit Risk Managementreporting and analytic frameworks. This position will manage projects and implementations independently and through collaboration with stakeholders throughout the Credit Union.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Evaluate credit performance of existing products and forecasts and make strategy recommendations to manage the risk of the Credit Union, including formal loanportfolio assessment reports.
- Establish, implement and review status reports to ensure that proper management controls are maintained in the various loan areas.
- Maintain and deliver reports that measure strategy performance and perform complete analytical studies of existing and potential strategies, considering financial benefit.
- Support management of Credit Union loan policy and guidelines; develop and support implementation of recommendations that facilitate efficient underwriting decisions and align with organizational risk appetite.
- Maintain audit documentation, change control documentation and strategy validation documentation.
- Identify and implement reporting efficiencies and improvements.
- Maintain continuous communication with lending functions to enhance automated systems and to identify areas for improvement to better benefit lending staff and to serve the members.
- Participate in project teams, representing the interests of sound credit risk management.
- Have a working knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to lending and lending functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in progressively responsible lending/credit operations or data analytics/reporting positions required. Experience working in the financial industry preferred.
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office), working knowledge of reporting software and database querying tools, and the ability to learn new software.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Good project management skills.
- Full time hours required with additional hours as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in statistics, or equivalent work or education-related experiencerequired. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience configuring decision engines and/or scoring models preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing test plans, test scripts, and conducting testing for applicable systems preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on product/project teams, including process and procedure design and communications preferred.
- Experience in a deposit/loan delivery channelsupport role preferred.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.